Eligible Australian businesses will also be able to receive 30 per cent off More mobile SIM plans for the first 12 months*.
It comes as new research commissioned by CBA revealed Aussies are on the lookout for a better deal, with almost three in four (71 per cent) feeling that their mobile plan is an unavoidable expense. It also found almost half (45 per cent) are looking to save money on their mobile plan to help with cost of living, and almost two thirds (60 per cent) would change their plan if they found a cheaper offer.
Customers who sign up to More mobile have six competitive post-paid mobile plans to choose from with no lock-in contracts.
CBA General Manager Strategy and Sustainability, Ben Morgan, said: “We know people are looking more carefully at their bills and expenses, and the bank is constantly looking beyond traditional banking services to help both retail and business customers manage their finances and give them access to quality products and services that put money back in their pockets.
“In addition to great offers on mobile services, the bank has number of other ways it is helping customers’ save on utilities and essential costs. This includes: discounted nbn through More; renewable energy offers through its partner Amber electric; fuel savings through a new feature in the CommBank app in NSW called Fuel Finder; and grocery, food and fuel cashback offers through CommBank Rewards and shopping partners such as Little Birdie,” he said.
The research also found that two thirds of Aussies haven’t changed their mobile plan in over two years, however almost half (46 per cent) are now considering switching providers to save money. Respondents also said that switching mobile is the easiest utility to switch (57 per cent) compared to internet (52 per cent) and gas and electricity (50 per cent), and even easier than switching their gym membership (41 per cent).
More CEO, Andrew Branson, said: “We’re so excited to continue offering great deals and discounts to millions of Australians through our partnership with CBA. With many Australians looking closely at their weekly and monthly budgets at additional ways they can save, and we have the ability to actually help reduce costs on items that families can’t live without.”
Recently, CBA offered More mobile SIM cards to its customers in select branches in NSW and Vic throughout September as part of a pilot program.
“It’s another way we are making this offer available to many of our customers who can benefit from this, including families with school-aged kids, younger Aussies and students, older Australians, small business owners, and those new to country, who need affordable yet reliable coverage, with no lock-in commitment,” Morgan continued.
Tips from Andrew Branson when considering a new mobile plan:
- Check your contract term: Around this time of year, many people will be coming to the end of their 12 or 24-month lock-in contracts. Now is the perfect time to check when your contract ends. At this time, consider whether switching to a cheaper month-to-month or no lock-in contract — like the ones available through More — might be suitable for you.
- Consider buying the hardware outright: The CBA research revealed that 74 per cent of respondents would prefer to buy their phones outright, and the majority have done so previously (71 per cent), meaning that customers can quickly and easily switch to more affordable plans. If you’re in the market for a new handset, consider buying it outright or unlocking your phone so you can move to a different network or provider. While you’ll need to weigh up the upfront cost of the hardware, there are often better mobile network or service deals out there that will save you money in the long term, and reduce your bills month-to-month.
- You can keep your mobile number: One of the biggest barriers to switching mobile providers is the idea that you’ll lose your number. This just isn’t true. Service providers are required to port or transfer your mobile phone number if you request it. Just make sure when you’re signing up to a new provider, you don’t cancel your old plan until your new plan is activated – simple as that.
Discounted mobile SIM only plans are the latest in a suite of offers through the bank’s partnership with More. The existing More offers available to CBA retail and business customers include1:
- All CBA retail customers who sign up to More using a CBA credit or debit card as their online bill payment method are eligible to receive 30 per cent off a Standard nbn plan for the first 12 months, and a 10 per cent ongoing discount off their plan if they choose to stay with More;
- Eligible business customers are able to receive 30 per cent off the retail price of business mobile, phone and nbn plans for 12 months. Business customers who sign up for an nbn plan on a 24-month contract will also receive a free nbn modem^; and,
- Eligible conditionally pre-approved home loan customers have access to a free XL Speed Boost nbn plan for three years, which could save eligible homeowners over $2,700 over this period.
About More: More is a premium, future-focused provider of nbn™, phone and mobile services to homes and businesses across Australia. Proudly Australian-owned with a head office in South Melbourne, More’s carbon-neutral workforce includes some of the most experienced nbn™ and telecommunications specialists in the industry. More are also proudly part-owned by Commonwealth Bank, having recently announced a new strategic partnership that will unlock special benefits for CommBank customers and see the integration of More’s nbn™ services with the CommBank app over time, giving customers the ability to self-manage their internet and phone plans. The More team are passionate about providing Australians with the very best internet and mobile connections to make their home life and business run as smoothly as possible. For more information, visit the website.
About the research: The survey was conducted by the House of Brand Group, with fieldwork conducted between 29/08/2002-2/09/2022, amongst a sample of n=1,012 nationally representative respondents with quotas set on age, gender and location.
Disclaimer: Media releases are prepared without considering an individual reader’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Readers should consider the appropriateness to their circumstances. Visit Important Information to access Product Disclosure Statements or Terms and Conditions which are currently available electronically for products of the Commonwealth Bank Group, along with the relevant Financial Services Guide. Target Market Determinations are available here. Applications are subject to approval. Interest rates are correct at the time they are published and are subject to change. Fees, charges and eligibility criteria may apply.
*Offer of 30% off More business nbn™ plan fees or business phone plan fees for 12 months is for customers who sign up to either a 24 month contract or no contract option by 31 December 2022 and use a CommBank Debit or Credit card as their bill payment method. Offer applies individually to each eligible service activated by this date. Offer does not apply to other More services, including business mobile plans, Business Ethernet, Enterprise Ethernet NBN or Business Fibre 1000. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts. 12 months is a promotional period commencing on the day your eligible service is activated. After this, the cost of your plan will revert to the Recommended Retail Price (RRP), which is subject to change and available on the More website. Offer applies to monthly plan fees only and does not apply to any hardware charges not included in the plan, hardware installation charges, nbn™ New Development Fee or New Copper Pair charges or any fees for services or usage outside of plan inclusions.
^If you take up a 24-month business nbn™ plan or business phone plan, you will receive a modem and/or handset(s) (as applicable) at no additional cost if you maintain your service for the full 24 month contract period. Supplied hardware is subject to change, see the More website for current information.
If you sign up, More will be your service provider for your business nbn™ or phone and will handle all technical enquiries, support, complaints and servicing. The provision of your business nbn™ and/or phone service will be subject to More’s standard terms of service and policies, which are available on the More website. CommBank reserve the right to remove this offer at any time.